Aug 16, 2011

America's Next Top Model All-Stars - Preview

This is America's Next Top Model's Cycle 17, the first All-Star season. They decided to bring back fan favorites and the more memorable personalities of the show for another shot at winning. The winner this season will get a spread in Vogue Italia, contract with CoverGirl, an Express fashion campaign and a chance to become a correspondent for Extra. Strange enough is that there is no representation with an agency in the prize, it might be since they are older than the typical models that agencies represent. I find making an all star season this late in the series is a bit of a bad thing since there is a huge age gap between the contestants and it might go against some of the older girls for looking too mature, the ages range from 20 to 33 with a majority being over 25. I believe this season is just there for good television and drama, can't wait to see it and possibly what these past contestants can still bring to photoshoots. 


Shannon Stewart, Cycle 1 Runner-Up - Shannon had some really good photos in her season. Her religious views did stop her from doing one of the best photoshoots of her season, the nude photoshoot which produced strong pictures from both Elyse and Adrianne. Her snake photo is her absolute best shot and I wonder what she can bring since she was a very commercial girl. I felt she was going to win after Elyse was eliminated but I liked Adrianne better and thought Adrianne would make a better winner since she was overall more high fashion and had a slightly better portfolio. I felt that Elyse would have been better to be an All-Star than Shannon but I hope she proves me wrong.


Camille McDonald, Cycle 2 5th - Camille was one of the biggest bitches of her season even talking back and having attitude with designers on her go-see. "This is my signature walk and this is the walk that will make me famous." She hasn't made it famous yet could this be the season that gives her that fame? Compared to what she thought of herself she didn't bring it to the table at all and her Garden of Eden was probably her only redeeming shot. I felt Shandi would have been an All-Star from this season.


Brittany Brower, Cycle 4 4th - The loose party girl, Brittany, is back! She learned throughout her cycle, at first she started out very sexy but then toned it done to be subtle sexy while being a fashion model. She did impress and bring some impressive shots to the table but she also had many misses along the way, she shouldn't have been eliminated on the picture she was. She was a good all-star choice but I felt Kahlen would have taken it.


Bre Scullark, Cycle 5 Second Runner-Up - Drama queen diva, Bre, is in the house. Her granola bar/Red Bull incident with Nicole Linkletter, the winner of her cycle, is still the most memorable thing about the season. Bre survived being in the bottom two 3 times which means that judges must have seen something in her but I felt she didn't deliver on her potential only producing 3 good shots. Nik would have been a better All-Star choice in my opinion.


Lisa D'Amato, Cycle 5 6th - Lisa was misunderstood her season and came off as the person that everyone loved to hate. She helped her competitors in her season but they never really cared for what she had to say. She produced three good shots along with Bre although not making it as far in the competition. I felt that Kim would have been better in Lisa's spot since she was a stronger model.


Bianca Golden, Cycle 9 4th - Most notable for constantly saying things about Heather, mostly backhanded compliments or complaints about her. I felt she was an okay model her season, she didn't impress me as much as she impressed the judges although I did see some shots where she was good or at least had some potential. I wonder how all these bitchy attitudes will work in one house, I think she could go far like she did in her season but I don't personally see what she has to offer. Chantal or Jenah should be in her spot hands down they were better models.


Dominique Reighard, Cycle 10 4th - The old drag queen is back in the top model house! I wonder how far she'll make it this time, I didn't understand her look at all and only produced one good shot which I believe is actually super stunning, which was her Renaissance Castle Couture shoot. I have nothing good to say about her since I felt she never showed me anything impressive but maybe she makes good TV. Anya was robbed in this season and was robbed of a spot in All-Stars.


Isis King, Cycle 11 10th - She has to have the worst placement out of all these all stars. I was not impressed by her at all but I wonder what she will be like post-op since now she doesn't have to worry about that extra thing. I'm not sure what Isis will bring to the table this season but I'm not thinking she'll make it far like she did the first time.


Sheena Sakai, Cycle 11 6th - Sheena was the hoochie mama of her season like she is showing in this photo. I felt she produced middle of the road photos, not really terrible but not really amazing shots either but her last two shots really should have gotten her eliminated. I believe Marjorie or Analeigh should be here instead of her, possibly even Samantha or Elina.


Allison Harvard, Cycle 12 Runner-Up - Robbed!!! I thought Teyona was a good model and had some good shots in her portfolio especially her Brazil Beach shot but Allison overall had a better portfolio. She had those amazing fashion shots that impressed, Childhood Games, Red Beauty Shot, Carmen Miranda, Brazil Beach, Brazilian Birds, and her CoverGirl shot. I felt she overall outdid Teyona and I believe she has a lot to show the judges this season, I wish this shot showed how much I know she can do.


Laura Kirkpatrick, Cycle 13 Runner-Up - The petite size season, I think she is a bit at a disadvantage since she is considered "petite" and would look short compared to other girls but I guess Camille has the disadvantage of being the oldest. Laura had no shot against Nicole her season, Laura did have some great moments, Nude with Horses, Biracial and Underwater, and I feel she has that personality. I wonder how well she'll do this season.


Angelea Preston, Cycle 14 3rd/4th - Maybe I didn't get her or her look like the judges did, I felt she was a bit overrated much like how I felt about Krista. Krista did have some strong shots though while Angelea I felt had only two, the nude accessory and the New York City CoverGirl. I think the judges will once again love her photos but I wonder what else she'll do since she was very entertaining to watch. Raina should be in her shoes in this competition.


Kayla Ferrell, Cycle 15 3rd/4th - Ann's season....Ann received all the praise it was hard for the other girls to even have a shot to win her season. I loved that she was proud she was a lesbian and felt she was representing them. She impressed me photoshoot to photoshoot, the Rodeo Dr shoot is probably her weakest in her season but damn her Gondola and Statue shots were just damn impressive. She shouldn't have been eliminated at 3rd/4th, she should have made it to final 2 and I believe she should have won. I'm glad that she has another shot to win and I hope she does well! 


Alexandria Everett, Cycle 16 4th - Like Lisa, she was so misunderstood by her fellow contestants for trying to help them out but not always getting it across the right way. No matter how much her fellow contestants hated her she was able to get some great shots, her backstage runway shot still reminds me Natasha Poly. I believe she was a good model but I loved Brittani from the start, I wonder how well she'll do in this house since a lot of people in this house were hated in their season. I thought Molly was a strong finalist and should also be in this All-Star season along with Alexandria.




Girls I'm rooting for are Allison, Kayla and Alexandria. I can't believe some people are here over some others like Amanda (Cycle 3), Joanie (Cycle 6), Melrose (Cycle 7), Renee and Natasha (Cycle 8) along with the ones I mentioned before. I'm thinking this season was just meant to be like a modeling competition mixed with the Bad Girls Club/Jersey Shore, since there will be a lot of fighting and drama with all these big personalities in the bunch. I wonder if the modelling will take any importance this season or will it be all for whoever can make the best TV.  


I wonder how the guest judges are going to be, I know for the first episode it is going to have Nicki Minaj, some other judges to hit the panel are famous models Coco Rocha and Tyson Beckford, photographer Nikos Papadopoulos, and I'm assuming the rest are mostly for entertainment kicks such as Kathy Griffin, LaToya Jackson, Kristin Cavallari, Ashlee Simpson, The Game, and Anthony Zuiker. 


The season starts September 14th, tune in and see what you think of the aspiring models. 


Who's your favorite? Who did you want to return for a shot at winning ANTM?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More